Saturday, March 19, 2011

Planting Seeds of Righteousness

It was a tough week.  I am not sure why, but my kids decided to test all limits this week.  I was tired, frustrated, and heartbroken that my "training" wasn't sinking in.  I was so tempted to just tune myself out and hide.


BUT- just when you think that your words are rattling off of empty walls in empty rooms, a glimmer of hope appears.  The softening of a heart.  Repentance.  A total 180 degree about-face.  A sacrifice made to meet the need of a sibling rather than focusing on "what I want"

 ....My heart sings!

Galatians 6:9 "Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." 

I reminded myself of that verse in the morning.  I reaped the benefits that afternoon.

God is good.

Motherhood is good.  We can't grow weary and tune out.  We need to be tuned in with our hearts...to their hearts.  Moms know.  Maybe today you will join me privately in the quiet of a bathroom or bedroom gently thumping your head against a wall, but if we persevere, we will reap the blessings of our training.

Patience. Seeds don't grow overnight.

There is a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...