Saturday, March 26, 2011

Are You Burdened?

Matthew 11:25-30   Then Jesus prayed this prayer; "O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding the truth to those who think themselves so wise and clever, and revealing it to the childlike.  Yes Father! It pleased You to do it this way!  My Father has given Me authority over everything. No one really knows the Son except the Father, and no one really knows the Father except the Son and to those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.  


Then Jesus said,  "Come to Me, all you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you.  Let Me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light." NLT

Jesus identifies the Jewish leaders as the wise and clever, and followers of truth as childlike.

To quote John MacArthur:  "Note that this is an open invitation for all who hear-but is phrased in such a way that the only ones who will respond to the invitation are those who are burdened by their own spiritual bankruptcy and the weight of trying to save themselves by keeping the law."

The greatest moment in my life was when I realized that the burden of sin wasn't mine.  That weight was lifted by the true knowledge of the Messiah.  I have found rest for my soul in Jesus Christ.  I hope you find it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...