Monday, October 18, 2010

Looking for Living Water

Today we studies the writing of Ancient China.  My kids were able to practice Chinese calligraphy!  They did a great job.  :)  One thing that struck me was that the first emperor Shi Huangdi was looking for a living water that was reported to bring eternal life.  This was 200 years before Jesus was born.  When Jesus met the Samaritan woman at the well, He asked her for a drink.  She asked Him why He would ask a Samaritan for such a thing and He answered her:

"If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink' you would have asked Him and He would have given you living water."

Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water I shall give him will never thirst.  But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."







Oh that forever dirty face!!!
I am forever thankful for the gift of eternal life Jesus has given me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...