Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Real Beauty

While we were driving to our home school co-op today, this song came on the radio.  I was thinking back to when I saw the video to it and couldn't hold back the tears.  I've been there.  I understand the pressure.  I want my girls so desperately to understand that God made them beautiful the way they are. The cry of my heart is for them to know that they are perfect the way they are, and loved because of who He is.   The world puts unreal standards of beauty on it's young women.  Even as an old woman, I am occasionally swept into the notion of wanting to look skinnier, prettier, younger, etc.  But REAL beauty shines from the heart.  I hope you enjoy this song and share it with your daughters.


1 comment:

  1. I've seen this before and it is eye-opening. I remember telling college girls one time that all those models that are splashed all over advertisements and magazines have many times been air brushed to display perfection that is not real. True beauty really comes from the heart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...