Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Your House is not Clean.......

I spent several hours yesterday taking down Christmas decorations and cleaning my living room.  I moved couches and vacuumed underneath, I vacuumed curtains, I vacuumed cobwebs off of my beautifully textured plaster ceiling.  When I was done, I had quite a sense of pride in my living room.  I was tempted to tell the kids that they couldn't come in it!  Satisfied, I sat down with my man on the couch to watch a little TV, when lo and behold, I look up and what do I spy?  More cobwebs.  Hrumph.  I missed a spot.  I was too tired to worry about it, so I went to bed and left it there.

As I was cleaning this morning, I was thinking about that cobweb.  My mind works in weird ways, so I began thinking of analogies.  We can spend so much time "cleaning up" our lives and trying to better ourselves, but no matter what we do, there will always be a little (or sometimes a lot) of sin left over.  Enter: grace.  Oh how I love grace.  Grace changes lives.  Grace says: you can't be perfect.........but you don't have to be.  Why?  Because Jesus is.  Perfect.  Wonderful. Grace says: "hide yourself in Me, for I am righteousness and I will make you righteous too."   There are so many good morals that can be found in every world religion, but all but one is missing grace.  Missing Jesus.

I am so thankful for grace.  I realize now that when I draw close to God, He shows me things that I never knew were faults in me.   He breaks me, and it is painful.  But He also molds me into something new and different and in the process refreshes me and brings sweet joy.    I am constantly reminded that no matter how much time I spend "cleaning" my heart, there still will be a few cobwebs left.  I am a work in progress.  But as long as I allow Him to keep working in me, He will keep breaking, remolding, breaking, and remolding until I am closer to His image.  Oh, how I am thankful.  I am His. He won't give up on me. 

Grace.  My favorite word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...