Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Fun Start to a New Year of Learning Together at Home




Our large "lump" of clay got the Spongebob treatment....temporarily. 
It's all Greek to me.  Or maybe Latin?

Emma's 10 commandment tablets

Here's what we really meant to create today.  A volcano.  Tomorrow we will start studying the life in ancient Crete.  Cool!  That means the mythological minotaur!  Also disappearance of the Minoans, and the volcanic eruption and destruction of the Island of  Thera.

Okay, so I have to admit that I was having trouble finding the motivation to get school started.  I knew that once we started that all would be well.  I love home schooling.  Learning right along side my kids!  My favorite subject is history, because it is what I am most deficient in.   We started The Story of the World  vol.1 last year.  My kids can't get enough of it.  I am so thankful for the great resources out there for those of us who choose home to educate!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...