Friday, November 12, 2010

Before the Throne in Humility

One of the things that I have to remind myself of day in and day out is that God desires us to seek Him in humility.  If anyone struggles with pride, they probably realize this.  Music can minister to the heart, and this song really speaks to me!

Clumsy
Chris Rice

You'd think I'd have it down by now,
Been practicing for 30 years.
Should have walked a thousand miles,
So what am I still doing here?
Reaching out for that same old piece of forbidden fruit.
I slip and fall and I knock my halo loose.
Somebody tell me what a boy supposed to do?

I get so clumsy
I get so foolish
I can get so stupid sometimes,
And then I feel so useless.
But Your saying you love me.
And You still want to hold me.
And that You want to be near me,
Because Your making me holy....
Keep making me holy.

Gonna get it right this time.
I'll be strong and I'll make you proud.
Prayed that prayer a thousand times,
The rooster crows and my tears roll down, again..
You remind me You made me from the dust,
And I can never, no,  never be good enough..
And that Your not going to let that come between us!

From where I stand Your holiness is up so high I can never reach it.
My only hope is to follow Jesus..

1 comment:

  1. You are so right music really helps with this! Pride is always lurking in me ready to have a word, and if I am in a mood thinking about myself..My kids are aggravating ME, My husband is not thinking about ME...The right songs can help us think on the right thing-Christ. Can so relate to this post! I like "Before the Throne of God Above" pretty renditions on u-tube. I'll see if I can find the one you posted so I can hear it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...